Monday, April 19, 2010

Late Post

Sorry for this extremely late post; I've been so caught up with homework from school. It's almost the last month of obedience institution. As you can see, I am not quite the fashion hippie (which my goal is by the end of 2010; a least but not last, hope new resolution.), it's hard in my situation ( living admist cornfields and soybean fields) to go shopping, or "vintage" shopping on eBay. I deserve a spanking.
But it's not like I've been doing homework everyday, to be truthful. I've watched Big Fish (2003), directed by the ingenious and sort of eery man (if you would be in a situation one on one) Tim Burton. Now I have another star-struck crush in my life; Ewan McGregor. Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh. Along with Johnny Depp, Julian Casablancas, and Elliot Cowan. Here is my teenage girl rant about (in a high and squeaky voice) 'boys boys boys!'. Yesh.
Back to the story! The scenes from Big Fish are somewhat a mixture of a slight fantasy and reality. It's not all fairies and rainbows, but it itches the slight magical life we might've dreamt in the real world. From the town of Spectre to circuses, Tim Burton manages to create a heartfelt story along with many grotesque ones.
Alison-Lohman-Big-Fish-screencaps-alison-lohman-7479973-1016-570
Ewan McGregor with Alison Lohman. Imagine a very devoted (not to mention very adorable) person getting the beating of his life time to be with you. Although that sounds cheesy, it triggers a hopeless romance in my brain. More heavy sighs.

BigFish
Just more screencaps from the movie. Hundreds of daffodils and Ewan McGregor as Edward Bloom/Mrs. Burton as the weird albino eyed witch/The ending of the story which brought tears to my puny eyeballs/The town of Spectre, somewhat strange, and one of the townsmen looks like the clown from It

Now about school.
I'm entering this art show for fun, and my vision is a mouth eating a mechanical TV, where eyes pierce through it. It's very metaphorical, and it would help if I would draw it. But I'm to lazy to draw, so you'll just have to wait till I'm finished with the painting by this week. Argh; I have to finish the painting, memorize 20 lines of Romeo and Juliet, and study for a Science test on Wednesday, along with an academic Superbowl contest tommorow. Hyuck hyuck, yes, I am those unfortunate nerds who care about their academics. Did I mention I'm in the tennis team? Hyuck hyuck. Ain't life wonderful.
I absolutely hate it when teachers assign horrible memorization homework. I understand it would benefit me as I grow up into an adult in college, but I can't handle stage stress/fright. I can memorize things well, but when I stand right infront of the class room. BAM! "Uhh uhh, I can't really seem to remember the rest!" Phhpt. Sorry. I'm adding too much stressful onomatopoeias.
Apart from that, I'd like to show off some of my January water colours.


IMG_7867
Yes, I was quite inspired by Oleg Oprisco, who creates divine photographs that need to be worshiped. Google him, try to understand the words on his site, click some gibberish and you'll see wonders. Also, I was inspired by Gustav Klimt who is already worshipped for decades.

IMG_7864
Another random artwork. I despised the model's mouth. She looks like someone replaced her teeth with Tic Tacs. Yum. Although grotesque. Yes, she has lazorbeam eyeballs like Superman, although not as fiery.

So, here comes the end of my post. Listen to the Requiem for inspiration of some freaky horror story (I just finished one), or Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap. Or if you prefer some Bob Marley, which I will listen to right at this moment for some Jamaican feel, you do that. I'm ranting. I have to stop.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Faraday said...

wow love your blog!! your art is fantastic! thanks for your comment i really appreciate it!

Sootjeelina said...

Amazing pictures and drawings :D
BTW: thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I really appreciate it :D

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

indigotangerine said...

Big fish is such a stunning movie! I love these stills. Your watercolors are nice too, I'm using watercolor on my latest project.
-indigo

dinocat said...

bog fish ftw. :)

dinocat said...

big* whoops

fig said...

i love johnny depp too, by the way. and i am just a random stranger dropping by your blog. amazing paintings! you are truly talented. i can see fame coming your way in a matter of years! and go big fish! i adore your blog! my my, i would like to meet you someday and we'll have some fun together. ay? i love you!

Clipping Path said...

Amazing, this is a great article! I did enjoyed reading it, keep your post .