Saturday, March 20, 2010

Marc Jacobs Spring 2007

I flipped around daily do's and don'ts, and regularly, without fail, checked youtube.com.
I honestly hate this addictive website; I can't help but to stay on the computer, perceiving visions of youtube to my eyeballs. This modern technological sight definitely shames me. I mean, come on, I waste more than four hours, browsing on the site. I felt like Howie from the Benchwarmers, paranoid of the natural world, confined in my primitive, computer obsessed state. But I'm not here to complain. Youtube has provided to inspire me with efficiency. Especially when you can't move around; my feet is abnormally behaving strangely.

Before I started my Ugly Betty marathon, I happen to stop by at this video with over 16 million views; Five Little Monkeys. Ring a bell? The guy who sings this sounds like a man who's nose is plugged up with Tic Tacs.

AFTER watching this ever-so motivating video, my eyes glazed over when I started watching Ugly Betty. AHH!! The couples Matt and Betty are THE couple along with many others; Tarzan and Jane, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, Anne and Gilbert. Sorry for the obsession of a telenovela. I just happened to be enthusiastic. When I watch TV shows, I can get quite caught up with them. Especially when I've watched the show from when it was a wee baby with life until its death. Unfortunately, Ugly Betty TV show is near its death. Hear the death tolls ringing in the distance? Just pray they continue the show.

Providing me other bits of info on youtube, I discovered a documented Marc Jacobs, when he had his longer hairdo, transparent mustard glasses, and forever wearing Reeses Pieces shirt. I saw this video, where it shows strenuous, grueling, and chaotic work of a designer. And I literally thought it was Camp Fun and Games only with egotistic people. Don't blame me, I have a picturesque view of the fashion industry from being influenced by *ahem ahem*, Ugly Betty.
It really opened my eyes. There's always people who do the smallest jobs to the biggest. Someone has to take care of the shoes, buttons, accessories, design, models, buildings, runway, the clothing that the entourage would wear.
Here's the video. Does it inspire you? Maybe, maybe not.


Right now, I'm wishing for a movement. Something like the 60s, New Wave, Grunge. And I wish that my desk at school would suddenly vanish into air, and ivy plants would start to grow on the chalk board, and grass would start to grow through the vomit carpet. I dream too much sometimes.

4 comments:

indigotangerine said...

Ooh this is so good. I'm halfway through it right now. Lately I've fallen in love with documentaries of all sorts. Also we alway listen to m5 little monkies at work.
-indigo

Tiny Quirks said...

i adore marc jacobs :) and i just love documentaries...especially the ones with french accented narrators

burcu d. said...

I LOVE marc Jacobs! This is so cool, thanks for sharing!

Clipping Path said...

Amazing, this is a great Tutorial! I did enjoyed reading it, keep your post .